We all love a good Frappe, sugar loaded goodness, right? If you say no you may or may not be lying to yourself! However, I am pretty sure we don’t all love what it does to our waistline. Enter the protein smoothie. This is not your typical protein shake in a bottle that tastes like an overly fake, sweet, and chunky grossness but rather a smooth, chocolately, coffee deliciousness.
Here you go!
- 1-2 scoops chocolate protein powder of your choice. I prefer Jay Robb Whey Isolate or Egg white
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 handful ice cubes
- 1, 2-3inch chunk frozen banana (if you like things a little sweeter and want to mask the protein taste)
- 5 dark chocolate covered espresso beans
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder (if you really love chocolate like me!)
Blend all the goodness up and enjoy! Additional ice cubes or almond milk can be added for desired consistency.