Kitchen Sink Frittata
Let’s be real, who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner? There’s something so comforting about eating breakfast at night—especially when that meal leaves you with leftovers so that you don’t have to cook breakfast for the next few days. That right there is what I like to call a win/win situation. 😊
To make the win even sweeter, this frittata is “kitchen sink” of breakfast recipes. Hence the name. Simply add whatever veggies and meat you have on hand, and you’ll be ready to rock. Here’s my favorite go-to kitchen sink concoction.
- 8 mini bell peppers, chopped
- 10 crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 spears asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and spiralized (shredded works too but who does love spiralized veggies?!)
- 3T. ghee, divided
- 1 bulk chicken Italian sausage, cooked
- 18 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Heat a medium pan with 1T ghee and sauté veggies and garlic until soft and they have a nice golden color, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste
3. Heat a 13 inch deep dish skillet and add 2T ghee and the spiralized sweet potato. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until the taters are partially cooked and have some color
4. Add your sausage and veggie mixture to your sweet potato pan and top off with beaten eggs.
5. Cook for 20 minutes, then add parmesan and cook for 5 minutes more… or until your eggs are cooked through.
6. Serve and enjoy!