Pumpkin Spice “Nice” Cream
October is officially here, which means so is pumpkin spice… everything. The spice mixture made popular by Starbucks has become as quintessential to fall as changing leaves—and I for one am 100% okay with that. I love pumpkin spice, so in honor I decided to create an ice cream recipe that you don’t have to feel guilty about gobbling up.
This delicious “nice” cream tastes amazing, is healthier than regular ice cream, and won’t break the bank. Oh, and it’s also toddler approved. A MASSIVE coo if you’re a parent like myself.
Blend up a batch of your own and enjoy!
- 4 large bananas frozen with skin off (must be rock-hard!)
- 4 Tbsp coconut cream (the cream on the top of a can of coconut milk before you shake it 😉)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (can be omitted if you’re watching your sugar intake or can be replaced with Stevia drops)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender (like a Vitamix or Blentec) or a food processor and blend until smooth.
- That’s it! You can eat immediately for a soft serve texture or freeze for 2 hours for more of an ice cream texture.