Super Easy Baked Chicken
Contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t take hours to prepare a healthy meal that your whole family will love. A good thing given that most of us don’t have “hours” to spare. This super easy baked chicken recipe takes only 10 minutes to prepare, and bake’s up a feast so big that you’ll have leftovers for the week. Great if you’re a meal planner like I am.
Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 frozen whole chicken
- 2-3 cups of water
- 2-3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, depending on your taste **You can add more for an added garlic kick if you’d like
- 1/2-1 tsp of any spices that you fancy, sage or rosemary are both good options
- Preheat your oven at 275 degrees
- Place your FROZEN whole chicken in a pot with 2-3 inches of water.
- Toss in chopped carrots, onion, garlic and any other spices and veggies that strike your fancy.
- Cover and cook at 275 degrees for 7.5-8hrs.
- After that, voila! Your chicken is ready to serve.
Note: I like to save my broth and use it to make rice or quinoa. It’s also great added to your favorite stir-fry.