Sweet Potato and Kale Hash with Poached Eggs
Sunday’s are made for brunch. Especially when cooler (and drearier) weather makes it easy to sleep in. One of my favorite brunch recipes as of late is sweet potato and kale hash with poached eggs. It may sound a little labor-intensive, but I assure you it’s worth the extra effort. 😉
- 4 eggs, poached to your liking
- 1-2 medium-sized sweet potatoes or yams, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 3 pieces of kale, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 large mushrooms, chopped **You can add more if you’d like
- 1/4 garlic powder
- Garlic salt to taste
- Preheat your oven at 425 degrees.
- Chop your sweet potatoes or yams in 1/2 inch chunks and lightly toss with olive oil, garlic powder and garlic salt.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, turning at the 10 minute mark.
- While your sweet potatoes are roasting, thinly slice 3 pieces of kale (stems removed) and saute in 1tbsp of ghee or coconut oil with a clove of minced garlic, and your chopped mushrooms and onion.
- When your taters are done add to kale mixture and continue to brown on low-med heat while you poach your eggs.
- Once your eggs are poached to your likely, remove them from your water and gently place them on a bed of your potato mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 2-4 servings. Depending on how hungry you are. 😉