Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup
Bring to boil in a soup pot—
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 2/3 cups unsweetened coconut milk *We use regular, not light
Reduce the heat and stir in—
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Simmer for 10 minutes then stir in—
- 1-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, very thinly sliced *If using frozen chicken, slice when breasts are still half frozen
- If you’re feeling like more vegetables, add frozen petite peas, or any other veggies of your choice.
Cook for 5-10 more minutes. *The chicken cooks really fast when it’s sliced super thin.
For individual bowls, add—
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh squeezed lime juice, to taste
Then pour your finished soup over jasmine rice and enjoy!
*This delicious Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup doubles easily and is great enjoyed for days after. 😉
Recipe courtesy of our lovely client, Ashley Barrett