Turkey Soup with Veggies
The season has finally turned from summer to fall, which means bring on the soup! The cold/wet weather typically makes me want to curl up in front of a fireplace with a blanket and some carbs… but my goals don’t particularly favor that behavior (well the carb binging part at least) which is where turkey soup comes in.
Turkey soup is the perfect meal for a carb craver, like myself. It satisfies that need for something starchy, while still allowing you to hit your nutritional goals. Here’s my favorite recipe for you to try.
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey, cooked
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 ½ cups chicken stock, store-bought or leftover from a recipe like my easy baked chicken!
- 3 cups frozen green beans, thawed and cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 10 crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 15oz can no-salt added diced tomato (do not drain)
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- Throw all of your ingredients into a crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours. Easy peasy!