I have a confession to make: I love yam fries, and make them all the time at my house. Yam fries are one of those side dishes that make a meal. I mean, what’s a burger without fries? If you’ve never prepared a batch of your own, I encourage you to change that. This super easy (and healthy) yam fries recipe bake’s up a pan of crispy, caramelized and perfectly sweet/salty potatoes that your whole family will love.
Depending on your preference you can slice yams or sweet potatoes into skinny fries or thick-cut wedges. So don’t be afraid to experiment. 😊
- 3 medium yams
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ tsp roasted garlic powder
- ¼ tsp roasted garlic salt
- Preheat your oven to 415 degrees.
- Cut yams length-wise and then into wedges. **I’ll typically get 4 thinner wedges from each ½ of a yam
- Mix your yam wedges with oil and spices then lay them out onto a medium-dark roasting sheet, making sure none of your fries are touching. **I like to turn all wedges one direction to make for easier flipping. 😉
- Bake for 30-35 mins (or until your fries reach your desired crispiness) turning every 10-12 mins. **Flip your fries with a metal spatula to prevent your wedges from falling apart.
- Serve and enjoy.